Tech Target(NASDAQ: TTGT)
Between Cisco and VMware SDN, which will network engineers choose? December, 2013 In the Cisco vs. VMware SDN battle, Cisco ACI may win out among network engineers, who are more comfortable with the hardware-centric approach.
Don’t fall for the old Coke vs. Pepsi method in choosing an SDN product February, 2014 In the battle for SDN mindshare, Cisco and VMware are pulling a Coke vs. Pepsi marketing ploy. But there is plenty of other SDN product to consider.
Your next job may be ‘network programmer’: What you’ll need to know November, 2013 SDN brings flexibility to networking, but this will require engineers to gain new skills in order to fill the emerging role of network programmer.
Cisco Modeling Lab: What you need to know February, 2014 Network architect Teren Bryson gives SearchNetworking readers an early peek into Cisco’s forthcoming Cisco Modeling Lab.
Seeking network efficiency? SDN may — or may not — be the answer October, 2013 SDN vendors promise network efficiency, but that will be hard to realize in the short term since SDN implementation requires so much capital spending.
IT silos aren’t always bad, but VMware NSX will launch a turf war September, 2013 IT silos aren’t as bad as people say they are, unless they abuse tools like VMware NSX. Don’t let it happen.
Open APIs are nice, but vendors must shoulder data center integration October, 2013 Open APIs enable data center automation and integration, but they call for effort by engineers, without requiring vendors to work toward integration.
Networkers face tough slate of cloud and security decisions April, 2015 Deploying a cloud service means it’s time to craft new policies that govern security procedures.
SDN in the Enterprise: aligning with business needs July 31, 2013
SDN in the Enterprise: aligning with business needs part 2 August 14, 2013
Enterprise Networking Planet
Big Security Breaches and How Big Data Can Prevent Them June 25, 2015 Security threats are evolving. Combating them demands that enterprise information security professionals and perspectives evolve, too.
Cisco ACI in the Real World March 05, 2015 Cisco’s ACI is blazing a trail for SDN in the enterprise. Find out who’s deploying ACI and why.
Definition: Layer-1 Switching January 22, 2015 Layer-1 switching isn’t what it initially sounds like. The programmability of this technology is earning it a growing fanbase.
Enterprise Networking Trends for 2015 January 20, 2015 What networking trends will shape 2015? From Layer 1 switching to Puppet and Chef, OpenStack to public cloud, Teren Bryson makes some predictions.
Brocade Builds a Team of Visionaries April 07, 2014 What can recent high-profile defections from Juniper and Cisco do for Brocade and the networking industry?
THE ATTACK VECTOR OF EVERYTHING Feb 23, 2015
OFFENSE, DEFENSE, AND BIG DATA Feb 18, 2015
SOPHISTICATED ATTACKS USUALLY AREN’T Feb 9, 2015
TRADITIONAL SECURITY MODELS ARE DEAD Feb 4, 2015
HOW TO AVOID “MONITORING SPAM” Aug 5, 2013
HOW TO MONITOR EFFECTIVELY Aug 12, 2013
WHAT NPM TIPS AND TRICKS DO YOU HAVE? Aug 19, 2013
ORION NPM ARCHITECTURE, SPEED, AND SQL Sep 8, 2014
- We Broke I.T. Purchasing
- Just Write is Just Right
- Uila: Visions of the Future
- Living the Command Line Dream with Mutt
- Glue Networks Changes the Automation Game
- Cisco Live 2016 Wrap-up
- Cisco Announces VIRL on Cloud
- ZeroStack – Simplified and Automated OpenStack
- Virtualization Field Day 6
- Cisco Live US 2015 Customer Appreciation Event Band
- A Wendy’s Cheeseburger, Hepburn on my iPhone, and cancer
- Brocade Builds a Team of Visionaries
- Packet Pushers Podcast and Network Field Day 7
- The Writing Process as Photography
- Choice or the Illusion of Choice
- On Buggy Whips and Restlessness
- Cisco Modeling Labs (CML)
- Network Field Day Calendar
- Burnout Redux
- Ruminations on Software Programming
- Network Monkey
- OSX X11 Forwarding
- On Titles, Certifications, and Not My Job
- SDN Explained
- On Writing
- Cisco Live and Social Media Redux
- The API Obsession
- Interview Questions I Hate – Part I
- Coping with Difficult Bosses
- SDN Myths
- My OSX
- SDN in the Enterprise
- How to Not Get Fired
- Sales Advice to VARs
- Cisco Live – A Spouse’s Viewpoint
- #CLUS 2012 Photos
- DisneyWorld Discounts for CLUS Attendees
- Cisco Live – Convincing your Boss to Send You
- Cisco Networkers/Live Breaking News
- ASA Upgrade to 9.0(2)
- Working the Comp Plan
- Complexity is Relative
- Cisco Live 2013 Announcement
- The Burnout – An Engineer Becomes Disillusioned
- Open Letter to a Failed Job Applicant
- The Winter of my Discontent
- Policy-based VPN between Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA
- Email Facts of Life
- IPv6 Feature Parity (Lack of) Rant
- Cisco Live 2012 Schedule
- Windows 7 and IPv6
- Musings on Storage
- ADVICE FOR THE NEOPHYTE IT ASPIRANT
- Screen and Reverse Telnet with Macbook Pro
- Cisco Live 2011 – CAE
- Cisco Live Sunday Labtorial
- Cisco Live 2010 Photos
- Cisco Live!
- IPv6 Half-truths
- Home CCIE Study Lab
- Cisco Live 11 Schedule
- Frame Relay Switch Setup
- Nexus Crash
- ASA TU Redux
- Why Bonjour Hates my Wireless Network
- Passing the Written
- Random Thoughts
- iTunes Home Sharing
- Things I Hate, Episode 1
- Vacation is over. Now get y’er ass back to work
- Back from China
- Shanghai Dreaming…
- 802.1x for Wired Networks (Part 2)
- New Post Delay…
- 802.1x for Wired Networks (Part 1)
- TELCO FAIL
- 2960-S 1st Impressions
- ASA TU